Sunday, March 7, 2010

A Customer Service Story

Primoro, Inc and PrimoroVet provide a full range of business consulting services for the medical community. As many of you know, a key focus of our organizations centers on assisting medical providers in establishing customer service standards within their practices'. By improving customer service, businesses tend to retain current customers, enhance "word of mouth" referrals, and produce better bottom line results. As I have stated before, I cannot think of a case where good customer service was bad for business.

Today, I would like to share a personal customer service story about our local auto repair shop. The car in question is a European make (Volvo) and as you might expect, not the cheapest in general maintenance costs. This visit included oil and filters, tire rotation, etc. In specific, the cabin air filter was to be changed at a cost of about $90. As the technician inspected the existing filter, he determined that the existing filter did not need to be changed, thus saving me the $90. As you might expect, I enjoyed the savings, but more importantly, I appreciated this professional's evaluation and ultimate recommendation.

I cite this as top notch customer service. Rather than trying to sell me something I really did not need, this repair shop focused on what was best for the customer. In addition, my observations of the staff, the shop's cleanliness and the overall experience are all results of the owner's vision of what a repair shop should be, and, his leadership to execute his vision.

Excellence in customer service is no accident. Make excellence in customer service part of your vision and lead you team in executing your vision.

P.S. In case you are wondering, my repair shop is AllSpeed Auto Works.

Photobucket

No comments: