Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Blog Sites and PhotoShop

I've spent the past few hours working on a client's social networking capabilties, that is, I have built various boards and blogsite functionality. Interesting, I've learned some new skills. While I am quite adept to building these boards and sites, I have not spent too much time with the photography portion of the project. Generally, I've left that to my photographer wife, Donna, a.k.a The Barefoot Photographer. It is amazing to watch her manipulate a photograph to just the right tome, texture, contrast and brightness. And that's just the beginning.

I bring this up because I know many of you, like me, are busy business owners, with other things on your mind besides photograph editing. I too, thought this skill was beyond my interest, but today, I found myself, without my teacher...Donna.

Before she left for her photography class (she's the instructor) she gave me some basics and said, "See you later." Horror came upon me. What am I to do? Well, I buckled up, cranked up the computer and grabbed the PhotoShop manual. Well, I am here to tell you, it wasn't that bad. I learned to convert color to black and white, producing reverse images, pixel colorization, and on and on.

Some of you are quite avid photographers and many of you use digital equipment. I would encourage you to explore the fun, yes I said fun, in experimenting with digital photography editing. This could be the skill that produces photographs you add to your social networking sites.



Photobucket

No comments: