Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The ISKD and Me Update

Good Morning. Yesterday I wrote a blog about my personal experience with a relatively new orthopedic implant device called an ISKD. In that blog I referenced a news story that aired on Tuesday, June 29 on our local ABC affiliate WSB-TV. I want to again thank Don McClellan for doing this story. For me, this story is not about my success, but instead an opportunity to highlight this medical advancement so that others in similar circumstances might benefit from it.
I also want to thank Dr. Robert Bruce of Emory Orthopedics, and, Orthofix, the manufacturer of the ISKD implant.

I want to thank my mother, Irene, who cared from me in my early years. She is a strong woman whose courage and perseverance led me through the tough times and made me who I am today.

Lastly, thank you to my wife Donna, who supported me in this decision, and cared for me after the surgery. She turned out to be a pretty good nurse!

Here is the video that appeared on WSB-TV.


Photobucket

No comments: