Monday, November 23, 2009

Vision - Imagine Your Design

I had lunch today with a financial advisor friend, and we got to talking about business - his and mine. What we discovered is that our businesses are not all that different from each other. Our discussion moved from general topics to the one of "vision." In his case, he deals with client's vision of their financial futures, looking at all the various financial instruments from insurance of all types to estate planning and retirement assets. In my case, Primoro focuses on your vision for your business.

The question is, "Do you have a vision?" You probably are looking for financial security for now and the future. You also want to have a successful and well respected practice within your community. But the questions still remains, "Do you have a vision?"

Developing a vision first requires you to look inwardly discovering your goal. And yes, that's singular. What is the singular goal you have for your practice? To help you get started with discovery, considered these factors:
  • What challenges do you face in reaching your goal?
  • What opportunities exist that will help me reach my goal?
  • What relationships do I currently have, or, need to establish to aide in reaching my goal?
  • What experiences do I have that puts me in the best position to reach my goal?
I have long been an advocate for medical practices to develop and institute a strategic plan. Conduction a strategic planning session in your practice goes a long way in ensuring your goal is aligned with your partners. If you are a solo physician, a strategic planning session can aid you in teasing out your real objective. In any case, a strategic planning session forces the development of a Vision Statement. This statement then becomes the overarching tenant on how you, and your staff, function with everyone reaching for the established goal.
Photobucket

No comments: